Research and Development forms the core of SMARTEMP®, whose team of highly creative engineers fashion SMARTEMP air diffusion solutions in laboratories and test facilities equipped for world-class product development.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT (R&D)Collaborative design between R&D engineers at the SMARTAIR DIFFUSION R&D facility in Sydney and its manufacturing engineering team at the SMARTEMP factory develop new air diffusion products and continually improve existing product lines to meet the changing challenges of a sustainable future.
SMARTEMP's R&D engineers work together with stake holders, architects, consulting engineers and contractors to tailor air diffusion concepts and create bespoke solutions where customised creations are required. Examples include:
- Sydney Opera House Renewal - Function Centre, Australia
- BBC Studios, Cardiff, UK
- Ningbo Romon Universal Park, China
- Hyatt Regenecy Convention Centre, Sydney, Australia
- Channel 7 TV Studios, Sydney, Australia
- Council House 2 (CH2), Melbourne, Australia
- Fusion Group, Brisbane, Australia
- The Warehouse Group, New Zealand
Prototypes are tested at SMARTAIR DIFFUSION's laboratories, with key performance and acoustic verification tests conducted at the LTG laboratory in Germany.
Laboratory facilities in Australia include:
- Demo lab - 16 m2 for air diffusion demonstrations.
- Main lab - 50 m2 space suitable for air diffusion tests up to 4 m height.
- High lab - 70 m2 for air diffusion tests up to 6 m height.
- Air diffusion airflow-pressure tests.
- Air diffusion cooling/heating tests.
- Chilled beam cooling/heating tests.
- ADPI and PPD comfort tests.
- Heated facades.
Innovative design is a hallmark of the SMARTEMP range. Product design concentrates on creating industry leading products with unique design elements to maximise performance and provide solutions that are unparalleled world-wide.
SMARTEMP innovation includes:
- The world's highest capacity swirl diffuser.
- The world's only constant throw VAV side-blow swirl diffuser.
- The world's most user-customisable floor swirl diffuser (user-adjustable airflow rate, air motion, and air direction).
- Architectural chilled ceilings for the world's first 6-Greenstar rated building.