SMARTEMP designs, manufactures and supplies specialist air diffusion products to provide high quality, premium air diffusion solutions well suited to demanding HVAC applications or where superior performance is required. The SMARTEMP diffuser range includes solutions for large volume spaces, elevated comfort, enhanced indoor air quality, high energy efficiency, low pressure characteristics, quiet operation, low temperature VAV, and thermal displacement. Many are patented, and include designs delivering high capacity and enhanced heating. Engineering and technical services include selection programs, technical brochures, laboratory testing and direct client advice in relation to specialised air diffusion performance, indoor air quality, diffuser layout, and associated acoustics and system design. SMARTEMP® offices are located in:
- Australia - Sydney (tel +61 1300 572 689)
- Germany - Wiesbaden (tel +49 162 2840 030)
PRODUCT DESIGNSMARTEMP products are developed in the R&D laboratory in Marrickville, Sydney, in collaboration with manufacturing engineers at the SMARTEMP factory. Design models are created using 3D CAD, with in-house rapid prototyping for product fine-tuning and testing in the SMARTAIR DIFFUSION laboratory. The SMARTEMP range of air diffusion products provides high quality, premium air diffusion solutions well suited to demanding applications or where superior performance is required. The range includes products for large volume spaces, elevated comfort, enhanced indoor air quality, high energy efficiency, low pressure characteristics, quiet operation, low temperature VAV, variable geometry VAV, and thermal displacement. Many SMARTEMP products are patented or patent pending, including:
- the world's only floor swirl diffuser with user-adjustability of airflow rate, air motion and air direction (this maximises user customisation);
- the world's highest capacity swirl diffuser (motorised discharge direction adjustment makes this suitable for large halls and distribution centres, even where heating is required);
- a range of high induction, high comfort side-blow diffusers (ideal for hotel rooms, restaurants and offices); and
- the Helical Vari-Swirl™, which is the world's highest capacity eletronic VAV ceiling swirl diffuser. Six reconfigurable airflow authority settings, with the lowest being just 20% of the highest, each offer turndown to 15% or less. Reconfigurable airflow rate settings offer flexibility to building fit-out changes, whilst the broad VAV range of each such setting maximises fan energy savings. Low Flow Throw Boost™ extends coverage when turned down, allowing specific airflow rates as low as 0.4 L/s/m2 for ADPI ≥ 90% when turned down to 15% @ ∆Tsupply-room = -15 K.